Terms & Conditions
- The content of this Website is intended for patients and health care providers and is provided for information purposes only. Information provided by this Website should be discussed with a qualified medical practitioner if readers have or suspect they have a health problem as it is not a substitute for direct professional medical advice or diagnosis.
- All medical and health advice has been provided by appropriately qualified professionals.
- Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on the Website without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- Initial access and continued use by readers of this Website are deemed to constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions will be periodically reviewed and the date of latest review will be indicated within the terms and conditions.
- Ochre reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time and it is the responsibility of readers to refer to the current terms and conditions on accessing this Website. Ochre reserves the right to restrict access to all or any part of the site at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to the Website, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time and we are under no obligation to update such material.
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure accuracy of this information, Ochre Charity, its trustees or advisors give no warranty, guarantee, condition or representation that the content is accurate, current, or complete and all and any warranties or representations are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law. Commentary and other materials posted on the Website are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any user to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
- Ochre, its trustees or advisors accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage suffered by any person as a result of any information provided on this Website or any errors or omissions that may exist in this information. Ochre will not be liable for any claims, losses (including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential loss), damages, costs, expenses whether in contract, negligence, statutory duty or other action arising out of or in connection with the use or access to this Website, any errors or omissions contained in this Website or if the Website is unavailable.
- Ochre Charity is a Registered Charity number SCO32343 funded entirely by voluntary contributions and by donations and grants from trusts and companies. Where sponsorship, if any, has been received, this is gratefully acknowledged on our Website.
- All information given on this Website is editorially independent and cannot be influenced by any sponsors.
- No advertising is accepted at present on the OCHRE Website.
Use, copyright and hypertext links
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website and in the material published or provided to you. The content of this Website is protected under the laws in force in the United Kingdom and unauthorised use of its content may infringe the intellectual property rights of us or third parties.
- OCHRE authorises access to the content of this Website solely for the purposes of personal non-commercial use; the content may not otherwise be copied, reproduced, downloaded or transmitted. Accordingly, you must not use any part of the materials on the Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- This Website contains links to other sites on the World Wide Web or other resources for convenience only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources. OCHRE gives no warranties or representations as to the suitability or accuracy of the content of any of those sites or resources and accepts no liability whatsoever in this regard; unless otherwise stated, these links are provided as useful sources of information only and OCHRE provides no endorsement or recommendation of any kind.
- OCHRE does not warrant that this Website is free of viruses or bugs or that this Website is compatible with all computer systems and browsers.
- We are happy for other organisations to refer to our Website in their own Website, and to create hypertext links as appropriate, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. We do not allow our information to be used in others' Websites.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
- You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
- If you have any concerns about material which appears on the Website or wish to contact us for any other reason, please contact (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- These terms and conditions are governed by and will be interpreted in accordance with Scottish law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.